Da Art of Podcastin' (Part I)
Since this is the first week of school, I'll probably be able to find the time to do a post about this (who knows why I didn't do it at home, because I bought it like two weeks ago), but I want to let the world in on a little secret that Brad discovered recently:
I have the same vocal patterns as Tom Breihan, writer/podcaster/hipster-in-chief for The Village Voice.
Breihan posts weekly podcasts on his blog, Status Ain't Hood, which I read pretty often despite our, um, differences in opinion about certain things like Weezy's talent and Wu-Tang's new joint. I hadn't ever listened to one, because I don't generally listen to podcasts unless I am personally acquainted with those involved (what up, Half-Mast, Half-Amazing) or involved myself. Then, last night Brad knocked on my door and told me about the eerie similarities between my radio voice and Breihan's podcast voice. So, I had to check it out myself, and HOLY GOD IT IS CREEPY.
Compare:
Tom Breihan
Me
Truthfully, the Yelzebub podcasts do not fully depict the similarities - since it is a duo, there are fewer monologues for me (but there are still some, so listen! And listen to us this semester!). But if you listen to any of my Lyrictricity stuff, you will hear it. Basically, we both pause in really odd places, but the same odd places. Plus his voice is kind of deep. Color me officially freaked out.
1 Comments:
you should send this to him to see how he reacts. maybe he'll give you a Lil Will CD and a lovely poster.
Post a Comment
<< Home